01 October 2009

Empty

Last April, I signed up at Blogger to make my very own blog. At that time I don't have anything in mind to blog so I told myself,  I'd just leave it as it is and once my creative juices start flowing I'd come back and start blogging. Days, weeks and months passed by and from time to time my mind would start to work on some things which are blog-worthy for a starting amateur blogger such as myself.  But I have never thought of blogging them because...(drumroll) I forgot I have a blog! Yeah, you got it right.


I just happen to bump into my blog account when recently(okay, that was just last night) I visited one of my friend's blog. I noticed on the upper right part of the page, my email address indicating I am signed in...and there's a dashboard tab! I checked it out and found out that everything is just as I left it(of course).


And so, I started setting it up from the lay out to the colors, etc. I realized that this blog of mine has been hanging empty for the past six months, so I have decided that my very first post would be a poem I wrote last July entitled Empty. I hope you'll like it. Here it goes...


Empty
(2009.07.08)

empty as a bin
deep in a shallow tin
a slightest nudge brings
echoes to the rim

traces of the trash
marks left wouldn't pass
decorated with a glaze
but inside is a maze

deceiving case of filthy plenty
overwhelming spilling dirty
garbage endlessly unloaded
stink been lid-covered

constantly a boastful scrap
to a distance pitching junks
fell upon by own debris
shy away until steady

braced along a mighty steel
punctured to a wall and sealed
fragile immobility
rubbish-full though empty



My blogger friend actually put some melody into this composition. He initially intended it to be some rap song but he ended up making it into a ballad. He made it just up to the first verse though, ha-ha! I'm still hoping he could finish it sometime soon; he's really put a good melody into it.


This now concludes my very first blog entry. Pardon me for this, because I really don't have anything to blog right now. I just forced myself to write this entry just to make me officially a blogger, ha-ha!








'Til next time(I really hope there is a next time). Ciao!




PS.
Happy birhtday to my friend, Kathy, who's living in the U.S. right now. I know you'll read this...I'll make you read this! Harhar!

5 comments:

  1. welcome to blogging world Rance! :-) yup still remembers the tune kuya rad put on your poem... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tuloy mo to tol.. para masanay ka sa pag sulat!!! goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back ^_^ That used to happen to me a lot.. It helps that I now own my own domain so I try to put in at least 1 blog per month.. Having a really cool hobby to share also helps. :)

    --- kyoko ---

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks kyoko! I was actually planning to write something about my hobbies next. I have been wanting to have my own domain, as well. But we'll see. I'll try to keep this one updated first. ;)

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete